How To Download Ovi Store Apps To PC
Scenario : You own a Nokia Mobile Phone and want to download its apps for it but are unable to do so as the current GPRS rates are quite high. Also you would like to save the setup files as backup. So what do you do ??
Solution : Just like any other mobile manufacturer, Nokia has an app store for its multimedia phones. Yes, we are talking about Ovi Store from Nokia. Unfortunately, Nokia does not allow you to download Ovi Store apps to computer. However, as always, there is a trick to download Ovi Store apps to computer, which can be later transferred to your Nokia phone.
- Mozilla Firefox.
- Windows OS.
- Nokia account.
Guide to download Nokia Ovi store application to PC:
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Tools >> Add-ons.
- Click on Get Add-ons tab and search for User Agent Switcher (We have covered this Earlier).
- Install User Agent Switcher and restart Firefox.
- Now open Firefox and go to Tools >> Default User Agent >> Edit User Agents.
- Click on Add and add the foll. Details :
Description : Nokia 5233
User Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5233/10.0.067; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413
- Replace all 5233 in the above code with the model number of your phone ( I tested this on Nokia 5233), like N97 for Nokia N97, or E71 for Nokia E71, and so on.
- Now go to Tools >> Default User Agent and select your phone’s model number as your Default User Agent.
- Open http://store.ovi.mobi/.
Now, Firefox will work as the default browser of your phone, and you can download any Ovi Store file on your PC, and then transfer them to your phone via USB cable or Bluetooth.
Bingo! you can now download Ovi Store apps to your PC, and transfer them to your phone.
Note: Once you complete downloading Ovi Store applications, change user agent back to default user agent, by going to Tools >> Default User Agent >> Default User Agent, else Firefox will keep behaving like your mobile phone’s browser.
Do let me know in the comments if you require any help regarding this.
Update 1 : It might happen that you have downloaded a .jad file, read this post to know what to do.
Update 2 : You might also encounter a .sis.dm file, read this post to know what to do.