Download Videos from TED Version 2
Scenario contd. : You are a huge fan of TED and would like to download the inspirational videos. But the site allows you to download one video at a time, You want something which can download the videos in a more better way.
Solution contd. : I have already introduced you to TED Downloader Version 1 which allowed you to download all the videos at once. Finally as promised, based on your suggestions(Thank you for those 🙂 ), i have been able to release the next version of TED Downloader.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you the new, improved and highly customised Version : TED Downloader Version 2.
I would have released the app some days back but i got stuck in trying to add a pause/ resume and stop download button, which you will see is missing from this release because it just did not work out properly and i did not want to give a half baked app with incomplete functionality but do note that I do plan to add that feature to it in the near future and also the ability to download subtitles.
Major Enhancements over the Previous Version include :
- Ability to Select which videos to Download.
- Ability to sort the videos by name, by the location they were held in, by the date they took place on and also by the duration of the videos(in case you want to download only videos which are short) while retaining previous selections
- Ability to add a Proxy.
- Ability to Refresh Links
- Ability to Export the Download Paths, if you want to use a different download Manager.
- A new and better UI which not only allows you to individually select which videos to download but also provides a better indicator of the videos being downloaded and remaining.
Again, the UI has been kept as simple and intuitive as possible while providing the Maximum Functionality. Here’s how to use the App :
- Double Click the Exe to run it.
- Select a Download Quality that you would like. The options available are : Low, Regular and High.The higher the quality, The more time it will take.
- Select a download folder, that you want to download the file to.
- Click on Update Links. It will fetch the Details of all the Videos of that Particular Quality that are available.
- Select the Videos which pique your interest.
- Click on get TED Talks.Thats it. The Downloader will download all the Selected Videos whilst giving you indications about the status of the Download.
- Alternately, if you would like to download videos using your favourite download manager, then you also have the option to Export the Links to a txt file which you can use with your Download Manager. Just add the links from the text file to your download manager and it should do the rest.
Once you have started the download, just minimize it and it will continue to run and notify you when done. Simple and sweet!!! Right ?? And like the previous version, it not only downloads the videos but also generates a description file so that you know where the video file came from. In case you want it for future reference. And again best of all, did I mention that it was FREE!!!!!!!!!!
[ Download Link ]