Free Softwares to Mount CD or DVD ISO Image Files
Scenario : You like playing games on your PC but the files you download are mostly “ISO” files. What do you do with them ??
Solution : If you download games via torrents, then most probably than not you will have encountered formats like .iso, .mdf, .nrg and they require you to burn them to a disc. However, if you do not want to burn them, here is a list of free softwares you can use to mount them as a Virtual Drive.
Here is the complete list of softwares that i have found from various sources :
– There is no official page for this tool and you can’t even search for it in Microsoft website. What I like about this tool is it doesn’t require installation and the whole package is very small in size. The only drawback is it can only run in XP.
– WinCDEmu is an open-source CD/DVD emulator – a tool that allows you to mount CD/DVD images by simply clicking on them in Windows Explorer. If you have downloaded an ISO image and want to use it without burning it to a blank CD/DVD, WinCDEmu is the easiest way to do it.
-ISODisk is a FREE and powerful ISO disk image file tool, allows you to create virtual CD/DVD driver up to 20 drivers, mount an .ISO disk image and access the files on it as if it were burned to CD or DVD. This free program can quickly create ISO image file from CD/DVD-ROM, with ISODisk, you don’t need install any other virtual drive software.
– MagicDisc is created by the same developer of the popular MagicISO. It can mount a wide range of CD/DVD image formats and can also create CD/DVD image from disc. Supports from Windows 98 to Windows 7!
– Supports Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit). Mounting a CD/DVD image is as easy as double clicking the file.
7. DAEMON Tools Lite (The Most Preferred!!)
8. Gizmo Drive
– Have not reviewed it but am including it here for sake of a complete list. Recommended by a friend though.
I hope this is a complete list, though not exhaustive but it should be useful.