Remove Lock icon from Windows 7 folder
Scenario : You unshared a shared folder in your Windows 7 and suddenly a Lock icon appears on the folder icon.
Solution : Yes that can be a bummer. I hate it when such things happen. Fortunately, just messing around with the security settings provided me the solution. To remove the Lock icon, here are the steps that I performed :
- Right click the folder and choose Properties.
- Go to Security tab and click Edit.
- Under Permissions for Shared Folder window, click on the Add button.
- Type in “Authenticated Users” in the field and click Ok.
- Close all the remaining pop-ups by clicking OK.
- The Lock icon will be gone.
- Free Stuff (27)
- Games (1)
- General (57)
- Mobile Phones (4)
- Mods and hacks (20)
- My Utilities (11)
- Obin (1)
- Office Hack (4)
- Protecting Your USB (14)
- Smart Tip (56)
- Technology News (14)
- TP Links (8)
- Tutorial (18)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Windows (70)
- How to Install .CAB File on Windows
- Always Start Task manager in admin mode
- List of all installed Codecs on your Windows
- NFS MW 2012 Sensitivity Fix
- Bypass ISP's blocking certain websites.
- Error 0x80030309 : Copy Protection Error
- Mass unblock Files - remove “This file came from another computer…” warnings
- 5 Free Tools To Extract Multiple RAR/ZIP Archives
- TED V3.0 : The TEDinator
- Tedinator V3.8
- 617,967 hits